Saturday, December 10, 2005

In the doghouse

Well took the niece, the Mrs., and Frodo, Sam and the Princess to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe last night (review to come). Left the Kidney Kid home with my sister.

I don't think he's forgiven me for that. He likes his auntie well enough in a group, but solo...he's not so sure about.

Well, apparently, his little brain has decided that this was my plan. It was all my doing. So all morning long, he's put extra effort into showing affection to everyone else, and is doing his best to ignore me (and his best is pretty good). I know there are Christian parents out there who are horrified--and will be more horrified when I say I'm doing absolutely nothing to correct him. Giving him a few opportunities to come say hi, etc. But I know this is the only way he can express himself, so I'm letting him do so.

LOL. Just as I'm about to post this he comes over to show me a picture he colored. I asked for a hug and he took two steps toward me, and then stopped and turned his back. Oh yeah, there's a grudge there.

2 comments:

rustypth said...

awww. So sorry Hobs. I don't know how hard that must be. But he's a little guy and will soon be over it =).

Hobster said...

Yup. As of 3 o'clock, I'm on my way back to his good graces. Got half a hug. :)