Monday, December 05, 2005

Creed IV

For those of you in the sloughs of despond that you won't be able to hear a fourth album from Creed given their break up. What would things sound like following Weathered?

I've got a pretty good idea: The Great Divide. I honestly feared it would be: a. 12 songs in the vein of "With Arms Wide Open" or whatever that pablum was Stapp offered to The Passsion album b. an attempt to go pop. Thankfully, it was neither. There are a couple of tracks that just didn't work, and I trust the collaborative process involved in a band would've kept him from trying a couple things (not going to list examples, because I left the CD in the van). And I'm honestly not sure if he was just this guy coming to a record company w/o his sales record he'd have gotten a deal.

But this isn't supposed to be a slam--having listened 3-4 times through, there are a copule tracks I can sing a long to--some catchy stuff. On the whole, I like the album, and if he gets to make Creed V and develop things on his own a bit, I'll be there.

1 comments:

rustypth said...

Creed def has some rockin good tunes