Thursday, September 03, 2009

While the Summer TV Season Wraps Up...

If you can't watch TV, sometimes reading about it can help fill the void.


  • Women of NCIS -- Sara Paretsky takes a glance at the troubling way NCIS deals with female characters (the inestimable Abby Sciuto excluded).
  • My Supernatural Summer -- Matt Roush spent the summer catching up on Supernatural a show I'd not bothered with until recently myself, read this to discover why I was wrong to do so. Best line: "this show is less Touched By an Angel than, say, bitch-slapped".
  • Everything you wanted to know about the CHEERS' Bar Wars -- Ken Levine discusses the background on some Cheers episodes that were always filled with laughs.
  • Top 8 Happy Moments (Sorta) in the Whedonverse -- this one's pretty self-explanatory, actually. I do find it sorta odd that a creator that brings so many such happiness in watching would only have 8 such moments in his Verse (and do note the 'sorta'). I couldn't help but notice that Dollhouse has zero entries on this list, and frankly, am not sure what a happy Dollhouse moment would be.

1 comments:

Lockheed said...

http://www.nbc.com/ctrl/