Friday, September 11, 2009

8 Years Later

Wasn't going to say anything else about 9/11 today, I'm just not the man for the job. I'm not equipped for it, but then Alan Sepinwall provided quite the link, at A List of Things Thrown 5 Minutes Ago, they posted both video links and transcripts of the monologues that David Letterman and Jon Stewart did when they returned to the air after the attacks. And I just had to do my part to spread this link...

These two funnymen (whose politics I typically deplore) didn't just wear their hearts on their sleeves, they shoved their hearts into the faces of their viewers.

We can't forget this day and what it meant.


via videosift.com

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
September 11, 2001
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealthcare Protests

2 comments:

Lockheed said...

At one pt. Dave states: "I don't trust my judgment in matters like this..."

I totally understand this sentiment.

Lockheed said...

At one pt. Dave states: "I don't trust my judgment in matters like this..."

I totally understand this sentiment.