Monday, May 14, 2007

There's gotta be a metaphor in here somewhere

There's this strip of red along the back of my neck--reddest at T-shirt the collar line, and then generally decreasing up to the baseball cap line. I picked it up Saturday at the ball game--not the best souvenir of the event, I grant you.

Neither Aloe or Vera are really touching it. Steady little burning sensation. Had to wear a mock turtle neck to church yesterday, a dress shirt would've killed me.

Then yesterday afternoon, my dad and I are putzin' around with my van--keeping an auto running being a 20th/21st century equivalent of pulling your donkey out of a ditch. Sun's at my back, and I can just feel the heat on the burn--like the frakkin' Eye of Sauron bearing down on me. Can't even really focus on the van like I should...it's driving me to distraction.

Back inside, it's a little worse--still burning, but less intently. If I was a Puritan, or just generally more sanctified, I think I'd use this as an illustration about sin and temptation, and the necessity of avoiding those circumstances which aggrivate temptation.

But I'm not. So just thought I'd pass along a little reminder. It's pretty near summer people, "trust me on the sunscreen."

2 comments:

Hobster said...

that was actually semi-funny in my head. oops.


wonder how many got that obscure pop culture/urban legend allusion?

Lockheed said...

wasnt that from the supposed graduation/commencement speech some one gave, alternately attributed to a dozen different folks?