Monday, May 14, 2007

All Rise, Baby

Was inspired by the clip you hear at the into of the new radio.blog over on your right to see if I could come up with something that would fit the bill. Think I did. There was a while where I had 3 songs on the list, then there were about 60. Finally settled on these 10.

  1. You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi. Barney started his playlist with it, figured it work for me. 'Sides, ever since he was the "mentor o' the week" on Idol, my kids (particularly the Princess) have been on a Bon Jovi kick, so it fits.
  2. Steve McQueen - Sheryl Crow. Nice little rockin' tune, little kick *ss attitude from the Crow-ster. Good times.
  3. Falling for the First Time - BNL. Dunno why, but thought this playlist needed some of the Ladies on it, this tune fit the bill for me.
  4. It's the End of the World as We Know It - REM. Never before (or since) has cultural collapse sounded so fun.
  5. Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes. 1. This song probably isn't what you think it's about (even read some "experts" recently who totally got this wrong), 2. Song's got a fun little groove to it, 3. I've got this thing stuck in my head recently, now you have it stuck in yours :)
  6. Short Skirt-Long Jacket - CAKE. Same thinking as Track 3
  7. I'm Not Afraid - Fleming and John - Great song by one of the most under-rated bands I can think of.
  8. Escher's World - Steve Taylor. Great cover of a great song by the most under-rated band I can think of.
  9. Rockin' the Suburbs - Ben Folds. This is not the cleaned-up version that shows up in the movie Over the Hedge. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy that version--like the way Folds changed his target from the music industry to suburbia, think that version's funny as all get out. Just wanted to go with the orginal, parental advisory sticker-worthy lyrics and all
  10. Fuel - Metallica. For an all rise playlist, gotta end it with a bang. And there it is, baby.
What do you think, sirs?

0 comments: