Monday, August 01, 2005

Suddenly, I have a weekend free

I'm standing at the kitchen counter, minding my own business, spreading peanut butter onto bread and Frodo comes up to me. "Daddy, I know who's going to win the debate."

"What debate?" I have no idea what he's talking about, what debate could a six year old be thinking of? Leo and Donny debating pizza topping?

"'Is the Bible true?'" As if I had asked the world's dumbest question. How'd he know about that? Probably reading over my shoulder way too often...I wonder what else he reads that I don't know about. "I know who's going to win!"

"Okay, who's going to win?"

Confidently, he shouts, "The Dividing Line!" Which I take as a reference to Dr. White.

"Okay," I say with a smile, "Why do you say that?"

"Because. 'Is the Bible True?'" He pauses here for a moment, as if to say "Hel-LOOO!" and then he continues, "Yes. So they win. So you don't need to go to the debate."

With that settled, he marches out of the kitchen.

0 comments: