Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Medical Update

Well, figured I'd file an update on those medical terms I've learned this summer. Got some test results yesterday that eliminated Transient Ischemic Attacks and Atypical Migrane. In their place I got a shrug. Whatever it was that made the doc think about those was, and I quote, "scary but not dangerous." He can tell me many things it wasn't (including a brain tumor--BRAIN TUMOR?!?! I didn't know that was on the table!!!), but no idea what it is. If it happens again, he'd like me to get to an ER pronto so they can run some tests on me.

Great. Just great. Answers would've been nice. This is where my physician friend reminds me "It's called the practice of medicine." grrrr

The whole Plantar Fasciitis thing...ugh. Still a factor. Even with chemical intervention by my podiatrist, feet still hurt. Wonder if I can use a stool in the pulpit this week....

4 comments:

jmw said...

I have plantar fasciitis too, the only thing that helped me was molded inserts, and even that has not been perfect.

Hobster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hobster said...

Molded inserts seem like my last, great hope...but I've got a few more hoops to jump through first. I do appreciate the fact that the doctor isn't just going for the flashiest/most expensive/etc treatment, but is trying to get this taken care of as easily as possible. But at the same time...ugh. I just want it over. Amputation sounds doable right now. :)

You can probably relate.

jmw said...

Yes, I can. The guy I saw essentially said: "we can try these other things but the relief will be short term and you will be back here." At that point my feet were killing me when I put them on the ground in the morning, so I just wanted relief.