Thursday, August 25, 2005

oookay

So a couple months ago we have a power outage, not a big one, but lasted a few minutes. A day or so later, I realize that our stereo is dead. I think back, and realize that the last time the display flashed at me was before the outage. So I chalk it up to a faulty surge protector, lament that the fairly new stereo was gone, but shrug it off. Fully intending on getting around to pulling it apart to rescue the CDs trapped inside. On the whole, not a biggie, 95% of the music I listened to was over my computer speakers anyway--sounded as good as the stereo, too.

Fast-forward to today, another power outage while I'm at work. I come home and my stereo is blinking at me. Naturally, the first thing I do is rescue my CDs, just in case.

So here's my question for those more familiar with such things (which has gotta be pretty much anyone)--How strange is that? What happened there? Do I trust this thing again?

1 comments:

Hobster said...

LOL! Thanks, taj.

I know I shouldn't be surprised at what I find online anymore, but WOW couldn't believe how many results I got on Google for getting rid of Gremlins..