Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Kiss on the Brain

So much has been said about Juno already...what can I add? I could join the legions talking about the absolutely brilliant script by Diablo Cody. I could sing the praises of old-hands Jennifer Garner (this is so not the kind of movie she could be making), Allison Janney, J. K. Simmons; not to mention up-and-comers Ellen Page, Michael Cera, and Olivia Thirlby. I could rave about the soundtrack--best since Garden State (obviously, Once gets a pass here, as a musical, its soundtrack has to outclass all challengers)--particularly the last song.

But, I'm not going to do any of that. Instead, I'm going to simply say:

I Love Juno.

And I'm serious about it...this isn't some casual passing fancy, some crush, some high-school romanticizing of a flash of interest or hormones. This is the real thing. This is serious...I'm ready to commit. This is taking Juno as my teen pregnancy comedy to have and to hold, forsaking all others, 'til death us do part.

1 comments:

rosemarie said...

Been wondering if I would like Juno, now you know I have to give it a try. I thought I was the only one that has seen Once. I had to dig for it at our local Blockbuster. I miss you bro... I could have used someone to go all whacky about Once with!