Saturday, April 12, 2008

Families Beat Paper, Rock Beats Families

Each day at work, the clients start off with reading a "daily meditation" together and reflecting what it means to them personally. Frankly, I'm glad I don't have to put up with it too often, as it starts after my shift. A new book was purchased this year for this purpose, and we're increasingly convinced that TPTB didn't review this one too closely before handing over the cash.

This is a sample from one entry a few weeks back that made some of us roll our eyes:

Families are like scissors. They are joined in the middle but often spread wide apart, moving away from each other. When we're not feeling close to other family members--when it's hard even to like them--it seems as though we'll never come together again.

But pity the scrap of paper that comes between our scissor blades! The scissors work together again and clicks the trouble clean.
Yes, that's right..families are like scissors..."joined in the middle." Who writes this stuff?

I should note, if someone read me stuff like that every day, I'd give up whatever addiction I was dealing with to protect my ears from that or worse--so maybe it's working.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I should note, if someone read me stuff like that every day, I'd give up whatever addiction I was dealing with to protect my ears from that or worse--so maybe it's working."


Very odd, had the direct opposite thought - reading that bovine fecal matter would speed up my need for abusing addictive substances.

kletois

Hobster said...

LOL! Good point.