Sunday, November 19, 2006

I can see clearly now, the rain has gone...

well, not really. There were a few patches of blue here and there the last couple of days, but not what you could call

a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun-Shiny day.
Just figured I needed to follow up with another song-related post that showed an optimistic streak. But then I realized that was pushing it--me, optimistic?--so I went with something more upbeat, but not Katrina & the Waves level. But Jimmy Cliff level, sure.

It seems like I've turned a corner in the last week or so. Am writing something. Not sure what'll become of it. Pretty sure won't be posting it here. (or a link to it) But it's good to get the ol' creative juices going.

Am sleeping, too--willingly (well sometimes). Losing weight. BP's under control. In short, I'm getting healthy. Long time since there was anything close to that said 'round here.

Homeschooling is going great this year--esp right now. It's really a joy to do this. Esp. on those days when I can convince Samwise to keep his focus for more than a couple of seconds. :) When that happens...it's like...magic. Frodo is just a dedicated worker. The Princess is just soaking up everything I toss at her. But Samwise...getting him to the point where he gets into his work...that's teaching :)

Still not sure I'm at the happy level I talked about last Lord's Day. But I could see that happening.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the focus thing. I have one... OK two that gets me really excited when they focus.

Doesn't it seem to come more natural for first born. I definately am not one of those :)

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Have noticed you've been getting some sleep (LOL)

Mist