Thursday, August 31, 2006

Update on the Housing thing

3rd try on this post...blogger's eaten this 2x. First time I hit "Publish Post" and it vanished. So the 2nd time I get smart and try "Save as Draft." *poof* (sigh) Is it just me, or has blogger become incredibly unstable since they started the Beta work on the improvements? (and I don't even have 'em!)

Anyway, what I've been wanting to say:

First, I want to thank everyone who's emailed, IM'd, commented or whatever their expressions of concern and well-wishes about our housing situation in the last 24 hrs. Particularly from TBOB and Gerald who really don't know me from Adam. I trust that things will work out well, and I know that the Lord knows what He's doing. It's just going to be a real pain in the, ah, upper-thigh that I really didn't need. Thanks,
folks.

Secondly, just talked to the realtor who'll be handling things. First she started off by apologizing for disrupting our lives. Which, while it was fairly meaningless gesture, is nice. She repeatedly assured me that there was no need to worry about moving right away. Then she listed a number of my rights during the selling/showing phase (even if it wasn't the law, the owners are such swell folk that they'd do it anyway...so I hear). She's letting us set the appointments for showing--phew! Could just see people demanding to see the house during Hebrew class [shudder]. She also said that the marked around here has really slowed down over the last couple of months, and doesn't sound like she's planning on chalking up a sale anytime soon.

The last 2 places we lived in have also been on the market multiple times while we lived in them. None of those were pleasant experiences. I've been lied to, bullied, slandered (one man claimed I grabbed his arm and threatened him--LOL), ignored, and other things I can't think of at the moment. This lady sounds like she'll be good to work with (and even laughed at a couple of my jokes).

Not the same thing as feeling secure about having a place to hang your hat, but it'll do for now.

2 comments:

rustypth said...

Glad to hear some good news

Hobster said...

lol.

I stand corrected.