Sunday, August 13, 2006

Put down the heavy and sharp things

oh, and anything you could throw. Drink some hot tea (or whatever calms you), and then give a listen to this sermon by Jonathan Modene of Maumee Valley Bible Baptist Church in Toledo, OH. It's called, "Strange Fire: The Faith of R.C. Sproul" from Leviticus 9-10:2. What? You don't see Dr. Sproul's name anywhere in the Bible? Maybe you're reading something other than a New Geneva/Reformation Study Bible. No? Hmmm.

Well, let me help you a bit...clearly, R. C. Sproul is the 21st century version of Nadab and Abihu. Yup. That's right. It has something to do with the whole Columbo-vibe he gives off, I'm sure of it.

Now, if you've made it for more than 5 minutes of this, give yourself a pat on the back. If you've made it further...wow, I'm sorry. But I bet you have a whole new respect for your pastor's abilities now, right? Here's your reward, Dr. James White was sent this sermon (please don't tell me you thought I found this by myself) and started reviewing it on the latest installment of The Dividing Line (8/10/06). Give it a listen, it'll help ease the pain.

3 comments:

kletois said...

Modene really offended me. The easiest way a nobody gets headlines is by shooting at someone known. Shame on you Modene, you're a disgrace to your Master.

Anonymous said...

Okay, that wasn't a "sermon" at all. It was satire, right? Tell me it was satire. Well, except maybe for the part about RC Jr being a "drunken bum." That's probably true. But the rest has got to be a joke (a little early for April Fools Day though).

Hobster said...

Sorry Fred, that wasn't satire. Am sure one of the Credenda guys could've come up with that if they tried, but that's the genuine article.