Monday, August 21, 2006

ADHD?

Someone inspired me to go with a "70's Rock" soundtrack this morning. And, as I'm oft want to do, from time to time I call one/all of the kids over for a moment of (pop) cultural literacy education. Last week, for example, before I posted this, I had my kids watch the original on youtube. Frodo and Samwise should be able to tell you that Clapton is one of the greatest guitar players in the universe (granted, they can't identify anything by him, but you gotta start somewhere). They know what color of submarine we all live in. And so on. There's many things vital to get by in this life that you just can't learn from schoolbooks.

So today, I call the lads over to get a little exposure to Skynyrd. Lesson for the day: "Freebird" is too long for the attention spans of 7 and 6 year olds.

0 comments: