Friday, August 18, 2006

It's Gonna Be One of Those Days

First thing I read this morning is Julie's blog, where I learn that the greatest writer/artist/title combo since Marv Wolfman/George Pérez/New Teen Titans is breaking up in a few months. That's right, true believers, Mark Bagley is leaving Ultimate Spider-Man with #110. Ugh. #99 ships tomorrow, so I do have a little while longer to enjoy the magic. Now that I think of it, Wolfman/Pérez got me into comics as a kid, Bendis/Bagley brought me back. Not sure what that means, it just struck me. Silver lining: Bendis is sticking around. Not sure the ticker could've taken him leaving.

And, can't forget that after dropping 2 out of 3 to the Orioles, the Yankees head to Boston for a 5 game series with a meager 1.5 game lead. Today features a double-header, and in Game 2 Sidney Ponson will be throwing a mini-home run derby to Papi and Manny starting. Silver lining: I can watch Wang do his thing at 11 am MDST on ESPN, and it doesn't look like Ponson will be on the tube here.

Man, I need some coffee...

0 comments: