Friday, August 18, 2006

RBP's blogging

Few weeks ago, Robert B. Parker started one of those amazon.com blog's at the behest of his publisher. Well, his publisher has (finally!) gotten around to getting an official website for the man, and his own (read: non-amazon) blog.

Parker isn't the writer he used to be, I'm afraid (but he still has his moments). One day, when I'm stuck for something to write, and am in a more self-revelatory mood, I might unpack this, but I'm sure it's safe to say that be I wouldn't be the reader/would-be author/person I am today if not for Dr. Parker.

That's not necessarily a good thing.

But it is what it is. We must deal with things the way they are. Not what we'd like them to be.

So, go ahead, give him a click, see what happens.

You'd be fools not to.

1 comments:

Gerald So said...

From interviews, Parker always seemed disinterested in the Internet. I think that's the main reason for his long-delayed web site, not the publisher.

Maybe Parker's sales were slipping. I have a feeling declining numbers would persuade him more than any one person could.

The Spenser books have had a big influence on my reading/writing, too. They were the first P.I. fiction I really connected with. They used to be a great mix of literary allusion, humor, and sports ethic--all things I enjoy.