Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Workin' for a Livin'

I'm taking what they're giving
Cause I'm working for a living

Applied to 4 places last week...one of which decided not to fill the position. Got 2 interviews off of that. Either way you count it, 2 out of 3 or 4--best results I've ever gotten.

Interview went "eh-okay" on Monday night. But am thinking the bar isn't set too high, as long as you're willing to do the work. Was offered that job...and really, really don't want to do it.

The interview today, went very well. It was at the end of a job fair, and I'm pretty sure the trainer and manager doing the interviews were worn out and a little punchy. We chatted, we joked, and they all but offered me the job in 15 minutes (but had to get approval from someone higher up). Am barely home 15 minutes when they do call to offer me a job. Afterwards, I thought of a possible complication due to the hours they might want me to work and the location they want me at. Will check on it tomorrow at the orientation.

If it's too major a complication, I take the job I don't want. If it's not, I stay and become an official Video Store Clerk.

ahhh, it's like the Mother Ship is calling me home....

(bonus points for first one to name that reference in the comments section)

7 comments:

rustypth said...

definitely not Star Wars. Not Harry Potter either. I give up.

=)

kletois said...

I see that our late night discussions via IRC concerning life, the universe, and everything has come to an end. Go and make some money ya bum ;-)

Anonymous said...

WORK!??!?! What has this world come to??? :-p

I guess we can expect more movie reviews then? w00t!

polymathis said...

Would you get free movies?
Could you get em for your friends?
Am I your friend?

Hobster said...

rusty--good grief.

klet--awww, we close at 12, so home earlier than McD's.

Norris--good question (could say the same about you) and YES!

Polymathis--Free Rentals, discount purchases. Nope. Think so.

;)

Anonymous said...

Now I want to know...
I think it is Star Trek? Probably not, but hey! Whaddado?
So...spill it...
what's it referenced to?
I'm dyin' here...dyin!

Gerald So said...

I think the reference is to an episode of "Friends" where Rachel gets a job at Saks Fifth Avenue, and Phoebe says, "It's like the mother ship is calling you home."