Thursday, May 11, 2006

Nice post

Of course, I sit through Tuesday's debacle (and I'm not referring to McPhee's laughable collapse), and then last night I miss (due to mlbtv feed issues and a family engagement) this gem! Oh well, rubber game's tonight. I'm going to focus on the fact that Wakefield is 4-5, 3.05 in 17 games at Yankee Stadium and ignore the his 8-12 record with a 4.47 ERA in 40 career games vs. the Bombers.

But that's not why I started this post. While reading the YanksBlog wrap-up, I was struck by a couple of sentences:

Roughly as improbable as Schilling saying the words "no comment."
and
Ortiz gets a leaking hit from the Yankees' patented "Shift for Ortiz but when he hits it to the right he's somehow safe" shift.
Succinct, 100% spot-on, and funny. Wish I could write like that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for reading and for the kind words.

I was homeschooled K-12. :)

Patrick

Hobster said...

well, there ya go...that explains everything!

Unknown said...

lol, well... Jason wrote that post. ;)

Hobster said...

true, true (noticed that later and felt pretty dumb)....but you 1. have good taste in Teams, 2. Have put together the nicest looking Yankee blog, 3. And the Mariano and DrGregHouse sites show a level of discernment that had to come from home schooling :)



(did that work as a coverup?)

Unknown said...

hehe, sure. :) I appreciate the kind words.