Thursday, May 04, 2006

Han Shot First!

Sure, by the end of the day, every geek's blog in the world will be reporting this, so it won't be news to most of you, but I gotta post this.

(patched together from multiple sources, plagiarism and copyright infringement abounding no doubt)

From September 12th to December 31st of this year, in response to overwhelming demand, Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release attractively priced individual two-disc releases of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Each release includes the 2004 digitally remastered version of the movie, as well as the original theatrical edition of the film. That means you'll be able to enjoy Star Wars as it first appeared in 1977, Empire in 1980, and Jedi in 1983.

The original Ewok party! The real cantina band!

That sound in the background is Rusty sobbing uncontrollably.

3 comments:

rustypth said...

LOL. I actually discovered this at starwars.com yesterday. Looks really cool. This time I will wait to buy it until the price goes down from $80 to $30 =).

Yes, I prefer Han shooting first actually, and I prefer the original band playing for Jabba. I even prefer the original sound Obi Wan conjured up with the Force to scare off the Sand People in Ep4.

I do love the new special effects though, sound quality, and digitally re-mastered everything - and the new scenes.

Someday they'll release a version that will allow you to watch the digitally remastered version with added scenes but you'll be able to incorporate whichever elements from the original releases you prefer - AND some of the cut scenes from Ep2-3 that I think are a must see =)

see, I'm not a geek ... I didn't talk about this at MY blog anywhere (yet)

tired said...

"I actually discovered this at starwars.com yesterday."
"see, I'm not a geek"

With all due respect, your honor, normal people never visit starwars.com, let alone regularly.

Contrary to his claim, this man is a geek.

rustypth said...

ROFL