Monday, February 15, 2010

Beer and More Beer

This weekend I finally got the chance to stop by Boise's new/first/only specialty Beer Market, Brewforia, something I've been meaning to do for a few months now. What a great store! The staff was incredibly friendly, and tried to be helpful (I prefer to stumble around under the power of my own whims in places like this at first), if you're a local, you really need to give it a shot (assuming you're a beer drinker).

The selection was a bit overwhelming, and man, it made me wish I'd done a better job of reading the Boise Beer Updates on TreasuredValley.com--or that I'd actually planned the trip, so I could've done some homework. I walked out with a small selection, and a few mental notes for next time--and there will be a next time, and soon. This visit, I walked out with:


Speaking of the Beer Fest, at dinner just before we went to the store, I'd had a pleasant reunion with a couple other things we'd sampled there (Mac & Jack's African Amber and 9lb. Porter). All in all, a very nice evening.

In addition, on my weekly grocery shopping trip I stumbled upon Big Sky Brewing's Bobo's Robust Porter.

So, all in all, gonna be an interesting couple of weeks. I'll try to keep you posted.

1 comments:

Lockheed said...

Ive had that Bison Chocolate, was great and Fire Rock Pale Ale was pretty good. Kona had another infused with some fruit... mango? I don't remember, but it was excellent too, even if adulterated.
Thanks for the great update.