Friday, January 01, 2010

2009 Movies

Last year, for the first time, I decided to log the movies I watched. The end total (166) is somewhat depressing (2008 would've had a higher result, I think). If you want to see what things grabbed my attention in 2009, take a peak.

While I was getting the list ready, I compiled a list of my personal top 10 films I saw last year (for the first time, anyway, so Star Wars, etc. doesn't make the list). These aren't ranked in order of preference, cuz I don't think I could make that call. Instead, they're in order I saw them.


Runners-Up (many of which would be tied for 11th, the rest are somewhere in the top 20 or so), again, in order I saw them:
  • The Wackness - Jonathan Levine
  • Pride and Glory - Gavin O'Connor
  • Il y a longtemps que je t'aime - Philippe Claudel
  • Marley & Me - David Frankel
  • Frozen River - Courtney Hunt
  • The Wrestler - Robert Harmon
  • Wendy and Lucy - Kelly Reichardt
  • The Go-Getter - Martin Hynes
  • Gran Torino - Clint Eastwood
  • Fanboys - Kyle Newman
  • The Soloist - Joe Wright
  • SherryBaby - Laurie Collyer
  • Away We Go - Sam Mendes
  • Funny People - Judd Apatow
  • Paper Heart - Nicholas Jasenovec
  • Julie & Julia - Norah Ephron

0 comments: