Thursday, January 07, 2010

And So it Begins...Netflix to Delay Releases

Back in November, I posted that Netflix was negotiating with movie studios to delay renting DVDs.

It was announced this week that they've reached a deal with Warner Bros. Netflix will delay new WB releases for 28 days, in exchange, WB will provide more from their catalog for Netlix to stream.

It's a win-win for everyone--'tho personally, I'd have preferred savings over streaming (maybe I don't stream as much as I should). Interesting to know that 75% of DVD sales happen in the first four weeks of release. I wonder if this will affect that somewhat, personally I rarely buy a movie until I see it in the theater/rent it, and I can't be the only one.

1 comments:

rosemarie said...

I haven't purchased a movie since I stopped working with college students. I have also managed to cull my herd to about 50 movies from say 200. I don't watch any of them much. But don't try to take my Band of Brothers, John Adams or West Wing collections.