Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Summer Reading: Skin Tight by Carl Hiaasen

There's just no way that I could read this during the school year--but that's not a slam, I just couldn't justify the time. But it's summer, and my brain is mushy. So I grabbed a couple of books just to read--not to think about, mull over, swim in (like Gibson's foray out of SF)--just to read. I'd been wanting to try Hiaasen for awhile, and Skin Tight was the earliest work by him at the library, so figured I'd give it a try.

Glad I did--this was a fun read...dialogue was fairly snappy, some authentically comic situations, characters weren't brilliantly drawn, but well enough. I can see why Dave Barry's novels are (favorably) compared to his, and that's a compliment. Probably a better way to spend a couple of hours than most of the fare at the movies this summer--but with as much lasting quality. Thumbs up.


...speaking of mushy brains: another book I checked out from the library should be arriving by the end of the week from amazon.com--which I was reminded of once I came home. How stupid can I be? Kletois and Norris are kindly uninvited to answer that one in the comments :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hey...uhh...*cough*


;-p

Unknown said...

Heeey... he didn't say my name... Bwuhahahaha

Anonymous said...

Spidey, that's cause I'd call Hob's....oh nevermind. He's a good Johnny Damon fan.



:-D

rustypth said...

OR ME! mwuahahahahahahaha