Tuesday, June 27, 2006

GA: Justification Report

The GA has just voted (with practically no dissent) to request that our committee on Christian Education distribute the Report of the Committee to Study the Doctrine of Justification, commending it for study. This report will be distributed to seminaries, churches, other denominations, and our website with a prefatory statement to the report explaining the context around the origin of the report, what commending a report means and the statement on Justification adopted by the 71st GA.

The study committee was dismissed with thanks "for their arduous labors"

Soli Deo Gloria!

UPDATE: It occurs to me that I only reported on today's action re: the Justification Report. We did take some action on Saturday, and I was just going to hold off and do it all at once. Well, Polymathis covered all the bases in his post, so I'll just point to it (link will open in a new window). I plan on posting some general reflections on the report/the process in day or so.

2 comments:

Hobster said...

I chose my words carefully seth, but if you want the precise words, Polymathis (who took more time than I was in the mood to) has the exact text on his blog...the critique was not adopted--it wasn't written for that end, we don't typically adopt study reports (in recent history anyway...was not always the case). The idea of adoption was a late idea on Saturday. I'm hesitant to get into further detail at this point (if for no other reason than we're about to be called back into session).

Polymathis and I have talked about co-writing a post on this...that might come soon.

It was a critique of the views of NPP/FV--by design. Two full years ago, the General Assembly charged that committe to critique not evaluate.

This is an outcome to be pleased with.

rustypth said...

anytime Justification is studied, I praise our God.