Sunday, June 11, 2006

Ow Ow Ow Ow

Was trying to get a paper jam out of the copier this morning at church and tweaked my back (suddenly I have a great deal of understanding for Mariano's problem in KC a couple weeks ago)...it is getting progressively worse--can't use any of my back at the moment, or even pull or push with my arms.

Silly me forgot to do some calisthenics before attempting to photocopy bulletins.


"...I hope I die before I get old..."

Update: Almost 24 hrs after the humiliating blow dealt by Ricoh, I'm at 85%. Heat, Rest, and Mercy. Quickest turn around from a back injury yet (and it's been a few years since I've had one). Which underlines the small-ness of the tweak. And makes me feel even dumber than I did yesterday :)

6 comments:

girlfriday said...

Technology is dangerous.

(Sorry it nabbed you.)

kletois said...

I thought a single piece of paper would give you a nasty cut, not break your back.

Anonymous said...

Ask Mr. Huck how he broke his ankle a few years ago. Very similar story, except he was at work so workmans comp. paid it :)

rustypth said...

glad you're okay. well, 85% ok

Hobster said...

Mist--I shall, I shall...(he says' rubbing his hands in the manner of a nefarious evil-doer)

polymathis said...

Wow! I'm glad your getting better. For myself I have no excuse: I'm just old. I hurt my lower back earlier this year while moving big heavy boxes and all that. Being lazy and stupid by nature, I waited several weeks before seeing my chiropractor (good stuff!) and my myotherapist.

That is the first time in my life. I didn't like it. So, I'll stick with pushing paper and writing sermons ;-)