Monday, June 05, 2006

In the Spirit of Rob Gordon

All in all, am not a fan of Peter Gabriel. However, "In Your Eyes" is simply one of the finest pop songs ever written. This has to be the definitive version of it:



Only thing that could've improved it was the presence of Lloyd Dobler on stage.

Somewhere, Lane Meyer is plotting a way to kill himself after hearing the song--possibly by hiring Martin Q. Blank.


(H/T: Micah for giving me the link, and SpideyGeek for getting me thinking about it today)

4 comments:

polymathis said...

What's w/ the dancing???

rustypth said...

i don't know how to say this so i'll just say it: is this one of those things that i won't understand because i'm too young? (comparatively) =)

Rusty

Hobster said...

Yes your raging youth might be a reason for you not to understand a couple of the references I make there, but the main point--the inherent excellency of "In Your Eyes" should be even evident to your post-adolescent mind.

Anonymous said...

H.C. I've got to agree with you on this one!
I love that song! Which is saying a lot, because I don't listen to that music anymore!
It's all devil music anyway! (ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!)
I'm just joking....seriously.