Monday, June 26, 2006

Dodging Palos Heights Vice

Yesterday I introduce a pastor to Penguin mints...come to think of it, he's the pastor from the other day's little anecdote. Now I should point out, I don't down these things like crazy--I'm normally an Altoids man...but when it comes to attending series of long meetings, I play it safe. During a dull debate the pastor turns around and pantomimes to me popping a mint in his mouth, so I have someone pass them up 2 rows and he pops one and passes them back.

About 30 min. later he passes a dollar bill back to me and pantomimes some more...so I grab a handful for myself and pass the tin up to him (I brought two half-full tins, so not a problematic thing for me--just have to switch to peppermint from cinnamon).

If my first GA ends with me being accused of selling pep pills, my ecclesiastical career is over. Oh well, at least my breath will be fresh...

3 comments:

tired said...

Well, as long as he keeps his windows straight.

Anonymous said...

From what I've read in the ecclesiastal world, if that's the worst thing said about you, you'll be lucky and you should feel blessed!
HA! LOL

rustypth said...

lol. i love mints, but i can never bring myself to pay for them =)

am i cheap? when it comes to mines, absolutely!