Saturday, September 03, 2005

Oh, who are the people in your neighborhood?

Today was apparently Cult Day in our subdivision (nobody sent me the memo). A couple of nice-looking young elders sent out from Salt Lake City parked infront of our house before knocking on a few doors around the neighborhood, but they skipped me for some reason. :<

But an hour or so later, the JWs dropped by to hand me some literature. The same man (different women) has come by twice before this year, but with too much time between visits to really accomplish much (either way). But it sounds like they'll be coming back in a couple weeks to have an actual conversation.

Rats. If it'd had been the LDS guys making an appointment, I wouldn't have had to study much, but I'm very rusty on JW thought. Time to brush up on article use in John 1, eh?

1 comments:

tired said...

The first (and only) time I attended an LDS priesthood meeting, an ex-missionary reminisced about when they knocked on a JW door. If you're not willing to providentially let the air out of some tires to prompt discussion, it's worth the effort to at least get the two groups together. They'll do the rest; you can provide coffee.