Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A Barefaced Truth

Okay, small confession here. I don't really look like my profile picture anymore. When I sold my soul to that stupid clown, I had to shave my goatee. I hadn't done that in years and had really no plans to ever do that. But I was allowed to keep the 'stash. Never really liked the look, and whenever I have a few days off (like I did last week) I grow as much of my goatee back as I can.

But all good things have to come to an end, so minutes before reporting for duty last night I grab the clippers. Bzzzzt, bzzzzzt, bzzzzt "AAH!" The Scribbler comes running in to see what mortal wound I'd just received. Then she burst out laughing. Lost in thought and rushing too much, I'd chopped off a good-sized section of my moustache. Really had no choice at that point and rid myself of the whole thing.

At the moment, I actually think it looks better. Scribbles says it makes me look "less child-molestery" (one co-worker agrees with that adjective). The Princess doesn't like it tho'. Will probably keep it for a few days at least, probably longer ('til my next vew days off anyway). Still, it's going to be a little scary going out into the real world like this...I mean, Spike gets more sun than this lip has for last decade.

0 comments: