Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Story of my life

Well, since the Fox Trot's about to be archived and therefore restore the proper borders to my page, I thought I'd post this little look into my own soul, provided by The Big Picture



Speaking of the magic stuff . . . last night I'm at work, and am having a decent night. Then break time comes, I go down to the break room and the vending machine is out of all the good stuff (Mt. Dew, Dr. Pepper) and the tolerable stuff (Pepsi). All that's left is the eve-ill* Diet Vanilla Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Diet Dr. Pepper, and Sprite. Sprite's out of the question--the caffeine level in my blood was dipping below 30%, and that's just not acceptable lately. I'm convinced that Vanilla doesn't belong in a soda--so I'm stuck with Diet Pepsi or Diet Dr. Pepper. So I ignore Spurgeon's dictum: The lesser of two evils is still evil. I go with the DP, 'cuz the advertisements (and my foggy recollection of experience) say it tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

To quote Wayne Campbell: Pssssshaw! Riiiight. As IF. Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew! That was just nasty. It resembled Dr. Pepper about as much as I resemble Chris Rock.

Why do I bother to go on and on about a lousy soda purchase? From time to time we all need to remember the lesson: Addiction can be a nasty, painful thing.

(not that I'm going to change my lifestyle or anything, just good to be self-aware)



*they're just nasty enough you have to pronounce it that way

0 comments: