Friday, December 11, 2009

Top 5 Holiday Movies

Something got me thinking the other day about my favorite Christmas/Holiday movies and I figured just for fun, I'd list my Top 5 and ask you, my faithful readers, to speak up and name your own/debate mine. Hit a little roadblock, but still, worth a shot...

1. A Christmas Story, it's just the best, hands down, by far, the best. Funny, heartwarming, there's no way you can't relate to Ralphie/his brother/his parents/friends -- no matter how far we are from the time it's set in.

2. White Christmas, this is my mom's fault, she insists on watching this every year, it's just not Christmastime without this little gem. And hey, at the end of the day, Danny Kaye's funny.

3. Die Hard, "Now I have a machine gun. Ho ho ho." 'Nuff said.

oh, yeah, and Al's a better movie fat guy than anyone who's donned the Claus uniform

1. Elf, one of three Ferrell movies I can stand/enjoy. Honestly only watched this to kill time one Christmas Eve with TLomL. But Ferrell, Caan, Newhart sold me and had me rolling on the floor. Now that I know who Zooey Deschanel is, I should probably rewatch it just.

5. Uhhhh, this is pathetic, I can't come up with a fifth. The Scrooge flicks are okay at best, It's a Wonderful Life isn't that wonderful...can't think of any others, honestly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I've not seen Elf, but I'm told I should. I also hate to admit that I like a Christmas Story, but I do. I watched it all the way through for the first time this year. Man, can I relate to that kid. I think the best movie ever made from a kid's point of view. And I'm a sucker for White Christmas. Rosemary Clooney and I have the same birthday. Ok, she was born before me. I always watch It's a Wonderful Life. It really straightened out my theology about angels. Hokey or not, Jimmy Stewart was perfect for his role and he was never better. I don't watch Christmas action movies at Chr....er, this time of year. Actually, I pretty much hate action movies. Must be getting low in testosterone. You probably can't find it, but I like The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. I have on VHS. Somewhere. DonBob from SC

Anonymous said...

Where's "Scrooged"?

Sandy

Anonymous said...

Where's Hobart? DB