Tuesday, December 08, 2009

I've Shed Most of my Computer Nerdhood, but...

Here I was, about to go catch my evening nap, when I remembered that Thunderbird 3 was officially released today and I haven't downloaded it yet. Color me strange, but my email client is one of the pieces of software I care most about. I dropped good ol' Eudora (big mistake) when I became addicted to Outlook at work, but that torrid affair burned out quickly, and I spent years trying to find something worth my affection--by that time Eurdora had evolved into something I really didn't care for, sadly.

Anyhow, I'm babbling -- I hopped on the Thunderbird bandwagon years ago, and, while it's not perfect, I really like the little guy. Incidentally, Lifehacker's article about the release has a mini-review for those interested. The features and add-ons for this new version make me think I'm going to have far too much fun over the next few days just setting this up.

Anyone else care? Or are you all web-based emailers now?

2 comments:

Paul said...

I like thunderbird, syncs well with gmail. havent tried or been aware of the new version though

Paul said...

Gah! The calendar add-ons dont work with it yet!!