Sunday, December 27, 2009

Just Needs a Vangelis Soundtrack...

my new favorite non-Yankee athlete is a rugby player named Euan Murray who's causing a bit of a stir in Scotland...

According to The Daily Record:

SCOTS rugby international Euan Murray has spoken for the first time about why his faith led him to quit playing on Sundays.

The 29-year-old has told how he even snubs coffee or dinner invitations on the Sabbath as he does not want to "encourage other people to work".

Euan said: "It's basically all or nothing, following Jesus. I don't believe in pick 'n' mix Christianity. I believe the bible is the word of God, so who am I to ignore something from it?

"I might as well tear out that page then keep tearing out pages as and when it suits me. If I started out like that there would soon be nothing left."

(Be sure to read the rest)

"Don't believe in pick'n'mix Christianity..." gotta love it :)

0 comments: