Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day

I remember back when I was in the State Indoctrination Centers as a kid, it was typical for them to do something special on that intercalated day in February. Classes, on the whole, were canceled in lieu of activities. Movie day (using actual projectors); I remember one year which was unseasonably warm our elementary school had a track meet kind of thing; or something along those lines.

I didn't make any plans for the day for our little academy--I got behind after being taken out with a kidney stone for a couple days last week, and am just too unorganize to have thought of it before this morning anyway. Honestly, I don't really have any ideas what we could do to commemorate the day--other than having the Princess propose to someone, I guess--and that'll only happen over my rotting corpse.

What kind of things are you and yours doing to mark this 'bonus' day?

2 comments:

girlfriday said...

My mom's birthday was yesterday and since I'm so used to have it be on the last day of the month, I forgot about. Does that count?

Sorry about your kidney stone. Pops used to have them all the time. I thought he was dying.

polymathis said...

write blog postings....
sad, really.

(glad your thru the stone problem: two of our sessoinal members have "been there; done that!")