Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Me has been berry berry bad to Baseball

Back on June 6, it was noted that I hadn't been talking a lot about the Yankees lately. Now, I'm sure that Joel was trying to goad me at the time because the Yankees were falling apart--and if not for A-Rod, would've been mathematically eliminated from the rest of the season. That, believe it or not, wasn't the reason for a lack of baseball/Yankee posts. It was simply that I hadn't been watching any baseball then.

Actually, I haven't watched any baseball (save a couple of innings of the All-Star Game) since early May this year. Only keep up with a couple of Yankee blogs regularly (Pete Peter Abraham's Lohud Yankees blog is a 6-day a week read, ditto for Yanks Blog), barely have a clue about anything else going on in the League (did I hear something about a SF Giant hitting some home runs?)

But a good friend of mine realized he wasn't using his mlb.tv account while I'm at work. And the Yankees hosted the Red Sox today. Sooo....this is gonna be fun!

ahh....1-2-3 7-pitch first inning by Andy Pettite. What more do you want?

Update: (fixed spellings above--didn't want to verify them earlier 'cuz I'd probably accidentally get news on the game)
Now, that's the game to break a drought with! Pettitte rocked, Matsuzaka was good but not great (so, so glad the Yankees didn't overpay for him like some other team did), Jeter broke a slump, everyone looked solid, Damon was good in LF, finally got to see this Joba kid everyone's raving about--and now I can start raving about him (and, I know how to pronounce his name)--and the Yankees beat the Sox! Loved it!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the kind words. Very much appreciated.

Patrick, YB