Sunday, March 25, 2007

No. 5 is Alive!

Title really has nothing to do with the post, just only thing I could think of involving the number five.

My princess is five years old today. I'm honestly taking it harder than I am the aging of any of the boys. She is the apple of her daddy's eye. My little Giggle Monster is the sweetest, silliest, giggliest, most exasperating, most annoying, most stubborn girl imaginable. A veritable Protestant American Princess. And I wouldn't have it any other way. And smart. Can't forget she's wicked smart. Not a "Math is Hard" bone in her body, sorry Barbie.

Sweetie, I really don't want you to grow up any more than you have. Cuz the older you get, the closer the day comes when some guy comes to take you from me. And he' won't be good enough. Not by a mile. But I promise to grade on a curve for your sake. Just don't think I'm going to be happy about it.

In the meantime, I will try to protect you from every bit of pain and trouble that I can. Will try to take care of you, make you giggle, make you feel safe and warm...will enjoy your smile and your giggle as much as I can. Basically, trying to set the bar as high as I can for the future interloper...er, I mean...

Happy birthday, beautiful. :)

3 comments:

girlfriday said...

Add "photogenic" to that list. I can't believe how beautiful she's gotten.

Happy Birthday C.

Anonymous said...

What a gem Hobs... :)

Just remember that Uncle Fibs is always available for guy evaluations and whiskey conferences and has plenty of Uncle Skyman buck shot laying around. ;)

Hobster said...

Thanks, but really can't see her being that interested in whiskey conferences, Uncle Fibs or no...


;>