Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sing, Sing a Song....

Okay, Arnold isn't exactly picking up the whole talking thing that quickly, the last couple of weeks have seen some great progress, but he's still a far cry from chatty.

But tonight he did something better than utter a sentence. He apparently wasn't satisfied with the hymn we sang at the end of family worship, so as we're all going our own ways, I start getting ready for work, brothers running around enjoying a few seconds before math and penmanship homework, etc., he starts singing. And not just random noises. He starts singing "Holy, Holy, Holy." pretty much the whole first stanza...

Utterly blew me away. "From the mouths of babes..."

5 comments:

rustypth said...

"family worship" - I like the sound of that =)

Hobster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Amazing what affects kids before we know it. Like children in the worship service, I can't believe what the kids recall. God is at work in their little hearts, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hob, not just Presby's do family worship, we were doing it long before we became Presbyterian. I do think they do a great job with "The Directory". This is the first time I read that a father could be disciplined by the church for not leading his family... makes you think, eh? Does God really hold dads to this high of a standard, seems pretty clear. I praise God that I have a husband that leads.

Hobster said...

fine...joke deleted.

sheesh.