Saturday, February 04, 2006

One of those days...

Slow day around the house today, but have to get plugging away at various projects and can't get to the blog. Yesterday, was supposed to be a major homework and blogging kind of day--have 3 longer posts in the works...and, well, obviously nothing happened.

But I needed a little break from final preparation on my Sunday School lessons on the Muslim doctrine of God (what? I hear you all saying, tear yourself away from that?!?), so figured I'd give you a little insight into me. I'm often asked why I call this White Noise, instead of something more sanctified, or Latin. 1. Because I really like the novel quoted above. (sorry, bluewoad) 2. Because well, it describes my brain.

Eh? Howz that? You ask. Maybe the following two lists will give you some insight. If not, oh well, it gave me soemthing to do.

Current playlist:

  1. Short Skirt/Long Jacket - Cake
  2. It's the End of the World as we Know It - REM
  3. Take Me Away - Eowyn
  4. (Can't Get My) head Around You - The Offspring
  5. Took My Place - Third Day
  6. Right Now - Van Halen
  7. Mexico - Lost Dogs
  8. My Happy Ending - Avril Lavigne
  9. One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces - Ben Folds Five
  10. Adding to the Noise - Switchfoot
  11. Firefly Main Title
  12. California - Hawk Nelson
  13. Weather Girl - The Choir
  14. Taylor - Jack Johnson
  15. Superman's Song - Crash Test Dummies
  16. All Because - Tree 64
  17. Eight Easy Steps - Alanis Morissette
  18. About Love - The Choir
  19. Battlestar Galactica Main Title
Books that arrived on my doorstep within the last 24 hours:
  • Yahweh, Jehovah, or Allah--Which is God's Real name? - Shabir Ally
  • 101 Clear Contradictions in the Bible - Shabir Ally
  • The Qur'an - Translated by Abdullah Yusaf Ali
  • Wages of Spin - Carl A. Trueman
  • The Baptism of Disciples Alone - Fred Malone
  • Infant Baptism and the Covenant of Grace - Paul Jewett

6 comments:

tired said...

Eclectic mix, but Alanis? Something about her offends my sensibilities. I think it might be her music.

kletois said...

You're reading Shabir Ally? I never knew you were so full of self hate and loathing :-)

Seriously, the things we have to do to expose the darkness and proclaim the truth!

rustypth said...

/me ooohs and aaahs at the booklist

rustypth said...

oh, and we expect at least one blog entry after finishing each one =)

Hobster said...

um, yeah, that's never gonna happen.



but some...

rustypth said...

lol