Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Cleaning up the Current Stuff

Okay, I know it's silly, but just about every blog has to have a "what am I reading/listening to/watching right now" section--it's a rule somewhere. And, as the conformist that I am, I've got it over there in the middle column, looking all pretty. Sadly, the books part hasn't changed much in months. Well, I'm throwing in the towel..I'm just never going to finish The Last Disciple by Hannegraaff and Brouwer or Tongues Aflame: Learning to Preach from the Apostles by Roger Wagner (well, not in the foreseeable future anyway). No disrespect to Wagner, pretty good book, but I can't seem to stay focused on it. And I just cannot force myself to finish the last 100 pages of Disicple. Horrible, horrible book. And I wanted to like it--the eschatology seems right (wow...what a concept), but the writing, the characters, the plots...I'd rather watch the last couple of seasons of ER or Reba.

As for music...not addicted to anything at the moment...any suggestions?

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't add, that I'd like to put The Two-Minute Rule by Robert Crais and Sea Change by Robert B. Parker in that column. If you'd like to help keep things changing around here... :)

7 comments:

rustypth said...

I hope to not read another book by Hanagraaf

Hobster said...

eh, I dunno. Counterfiet Revival and Christianity in Crisis were pretty good. Didn't bother checking out anything after that..but when he sticks to documeting the whakcy stuff, he's pretty good. It's when he goes beyond his limit that he gets himself into trouble, IMHO.

girlfriday said...

Try "Lost Dogs" for fresh music. A friend just mailed me two of their CDs and it's great. Reminds me of...let me think about it and get back to you.

Hobster said...

Have just about everything the Lost Dogs have done...one of my all time faves...

girlfriday said...

Far out.

So how would YOU describe them. Barenaked Ladies Lite?

Hobster said...

ummm....they defy labeling :)

cop-out I know...CCM's Traveling Wilburys (actually think that's what CCM Magazine called 'em with album one or two). Not really BNL, more country/folk than BNL would go. But sorta the same spirit...remind me sometime, I'll hook you up with the Dogs' version of the Chipmunk's Christmas song...

Which albums do you have?

girlfriday said...

Nazarene Something Towel and another one.