Friday, November 05, 2004

Misc. Stuff

Well, thanks to the overwhelming support of the new design, I'm sticking with it for at least a few months. Thanks to Joel for actually saying something (okay, I got one comment verbally, one via email, and one in IRC). But c'mon folks...I set up comments for a reason....

Neat articles/links/pictures/etc.

  • SuperHeroHype! has some great set pictures from the Fantastic Four movie, Alba looks better blonde than I thought she would.
  • SHH! also linked to some nice articles in USA Today about the upcoming Superman movie 'Superman' finally is ready to fly again and New guy in the cape--no pie charts tho :(
  • You just feel for this poor kid, don't ya?
  • Malkin's blog is usually a good read, so check it out...most of all but be sure to read What Media Bias?
  • Speaking of the election, amongst my favorite reactions are: Jonah Goldberg's Don’t Believe the Hype (2004 Remix) and Make theirs a double, George Will's The Democrat failure, but of course, Ann Coulter's One Last Flip-Flop was about the best--especially her dressing-down of Karl Rove. Best opening line of them all goes to Coulter, "I guess John Kerry went into the primary without a plan to win the election." Second place to George Will:
    "I think the Union army had something to do with it."-- Gen. George Pickett, years afterward, on why his charge at Gettysburg failed.
    WASHINGTON -- John Kerry's liberalism had something to do with his defeat.
Pretty sure I started this with more to ramble about...ah well....

0 comments: