Thursday, November 18, 2004

He's a much better person than his dad

Frodo got a CD player for his birthday about a month and a half ago. He's been very good with it, very responsible, loves to sit and listen to music. Today, the little Princess breaks one of the control buttons (she and Sam are oblivious to frequent admonitions to not touch it).

Now if someone were to do that to the most expensive thing I own (now or at the age of 6) I'd be flying off the handle...very angry. But this kid?

After I do what I can to fix it, I call in the Princess to chew her ou--um, I mean, correct her gently. Then call him in. "Do you have anything to say to her?"

"It's okay" and he pats her shoulder.

"Frodo...it's broken, you can't use it again. Doesn't that make you angry?"

"A little. But it'll be alright." And hugs her!

Makes ya proud. One day I hope to grow up to be like him.

0 comments: