Friday, June 25, 2004

The New Job

Okay, have now completed three training shifts underneath those lovely Golden Arches. It's not the greatest gig in the world, but it certainly could be worse. I might actually enjoy it when I get used to the stupid keyboard at the cash register, or when I finally memorize all the ways the different sandwiches are made--would've thought I'd have had that down already, honestly...guess I need to eat there more often (just kidding, dear). Worked assembly today (putting together the sandwiches, etc), enjoyed myself occasionally--and working drive thru last night in the lightning storm was fun. Think I could do okay there.

One giant fear: I don't want to end up talking like a dumb high-schooler because of all this exposure. Nice kids (most of 'em, anyway), but, ugh. I hope I didn't act like that when I was 17...or 13, for that matter.

0 comments: