Sunday, May 16, 2004

Encouragement

I was less than thrilled with my exhortation today. Last week I sat down and outlined how I'd approach the remainder of Ephesians 6. And so all week I set about trying to tackle the first step, and it just doesn't seem to be working for me. I know there's much I could say, but it just wasn't forming right.

That impression continued through this a.m. when I was doing my final prep.

That impression increased when I was delivering the exhortation. "I am wasting everyone's time, I should just shut up." My mind wasn't there, didn't feel like I was being coherent.

Anyway, after the service a godly man in the congregation approached me, thanked me for what I said. He'd been dealing for a few days with something right along those lines, and it was as if God was speaking to him, he said. It's truly humbling and very gratifying to hear that. Who cares if I was that coherent? I helped him in a way he could be certain about. It's all worth it.

Soli Deo Gloria.

0 comments: