Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Boys Are Back!

All right, all right...that is more like it.

After a disappointing second season, last night's premier of My Boys was not just a return to the air, but a return to form.

My Boys is not a history making show, it doesn't redefine the genre, but when it's firing on all cylinders, it's a whollle lotta fun. At it's core, it's about a group of friends hanging out, enjoying each other's company, making fun of each other, laughing at life, playing a little poker.

It's a comfy show that makes you feel like part of the gang (see: Cheers, season 1 of Friends). Very glad to see it back.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I read "The Boys Are Back", I thought it would be concerning the start of baseball, and your chance to suffer with you beloved Yankees. Speaking of which, I learned something from the lady who sits next to me at work. Her son has a good friend who owns a moving company. From time to time over the years (that might border on redundant) he has moved the belongings of the Yankee players from Florida to New York after Spring Training. Her son helped him once and received, besides a pay check, just about every official item of yankee caps, shirts, etc., that you can imagine. It's too late for this year, but would you like me to put your name in for next year? DonBob for SC