Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Holiday for the Rest of Us

I was going to do a real Festivus post today, but for a few reasons, just couldn't. Maybe next year.

At least I decorated, tho.

I couldn't come up with anything for the Feats of Strength. A friend suggested that he'd bench press me--but I know he's not that strong. I couldn't come up with anything comparable.

As far as the Airing of Grievances goes...well, that one was going to be easy. I have more than enough entries, but why engage in all the bitterness? So then I was going to come up with a joking-around list (targeting such foes as Robert B. Parker's editors, who have apparently traded in their red pens for a rubber stamp), but I got to busy running around today, and ran out of energy. Besides, I'm snarky enough as it is, why make the effort to be extra snarky?

So, I'll just name a couple of Festivus miracles, and/or near miracles.
  • Brian Cashman gets Mark Teixeira
  • The Boise State Broncos lost the Poinsettia Bowl--so only another week of 24/7 coverage of the team/game from the local media before they get back to the news.
  • I took my van into the mechanic yesterday and he fixed w/o charging me a cent.
  • Samwise and I successfully made some ginger cookies from scratch on our first try.
  • I passed up a chance to be extra snarky.
  • Super-HeroHype.com posted this great fanmade live-action Thundercats trailer.
Happy Festivus, everyone! (or if you celebrate one of the other holidays going on this week, hope you have a good one)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't know there was a game last night. :-)

rosemarie said...

passing up a chance to be extra-snarky is enough to qualify you for the secret society of the sorta nice. whoa....

Anonymous said...

Okay, honey, Festivus is over. Time to put something else up on this page. :)