Thursday, November 13, 2008

Catching Up

Yeah, I know the posting's been lighter than normal this week--not much to say about that other than, it's all I've got. Really don't have much to say, for some reason--probably because I've been pretty much brain dead since Monday when we flew back.

I'm not going to say I need a vacation to get over my vacation--drives me crazy when people say that. Just took a while to get caught up on life again--I didn't get anything written while I was away, like I'd hoped. I thought through a few scenes, which has helped/will likely help, but that was all. I was struggling to stay on target before we left (like Samwise), but now I'm light years behind. Had a decent day yesterday, have done really well this morning--well on my way to meeting/exceeding today's target output. The kids didn't write a thing either, and tried to buckle down yesterday to get back on track. Frodo, who again, I really thought wouldn't do well with this project did 130% of what he needed to do--what an annoying little overachiever he can be--the rest did a little less. But it's still early in the month, and we've got a couple of weekends ahead of us.

Anyway, the vacation, um...well it wasn't horrible. The kids had a blast, TLomL did, too (mostly). I got some excellent sleep--which sounds bad for me to focus on as a highlight, but if you really understood how unusual that is for me, you'd know that it really is highlight worthy. Had some fun doing non-sleep stuff, too, I should add.

Didn't get a decent group shot of us all while we were gone, but here's a decent one of the Offspring--hopefully will find another one or two worthy of posting.


Gotta get back to work, thanks for stopping by.

P.S. Have no idea what the movie looks like, how well it's been adapted, etc. But I started reading The Tale of Despereaux: Being the Story of a Mouse, a Princess, Some Soup, and a Spool of Thread with the kids this week--what an utterly charming read. Give it a glance if you're the type who's willing to read children's lit.

1 comments:

Lockheed said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!