Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ew! So glad I finished breakfast before I read this...

from BBC News

Consumer group Which? said tests at its London offices found equipment carrying bugs that could cause food poisoning.

Out of 33 keyboards swabbed, four were regarded as a potential health hazard and one harboured five times more germs than one of the office's toilet seats.

Microbiologist Dr Peter Wilson said a keyboard was often "a reflection of what is in your nose and in your gut".

During the Which? tests in January this year, a microbiologist deemed one of the office's keyboards to be so dirty he ordered it to be removed, quarantined and cleaned.
"What is in your nose and in your gut." Great line.

I need to go wash my hands for a few hours now...

1 comments:

Lockheed said...

i waz cookin dinner a couple nights back and needed a pot-holder. I grabbed one my mom gave us many moons ago (when we moved into the house) and stuck my hand in it.

Much to my surprise there was a soft and yet crunchy at same time object in the thumb. I looked in and to my horror found a mummified mouse.

I only told my wife later, when I knew she could handle the shock.

Talk about washing your hands...