Monday, March 31, 2008

Punished with a baby?

"Look, I got two daughters — 9 years old and 6 years old," [Obama] said. "I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."
He's going to have to tap-dance a lot on this one, methinks.

Obviously the pro-lifers are going to have a field-day with this one, but I'd like to think that even some of the pro-choice crowd will have a hard time with the idea of a baby as punishment.

3 comments:

bluewoad said...

If babies are a punishment, then I've already worked my way through purgatory.

Hobster said...

how was that nice to say? Now I have to clean up all this coffee that just shot out of my nose :)

Anonymous said...

Look, the game of politics is to say one thing, while living out another. We know that! This has been going on since the beginning of our country!
We can't expect Obama to have his daughters live by the same rules as he expects the majority of our country to live by! I mean, come on! They are special! Aren't they???
Of course he's going to dance. I can't wait to see it! Some how I don't think it will be that beautiful!!! :)