Monday, March 31, 2008

Opening Day

It's here, it's finally here! Spring is officially here (not that my hay fever hasn't been telling me that for a week), I'm not wasting part of my TV dollars paying for ESPN...life is good.

The Offspring are a little annoyed with me, Opening Day is typically a day off school, but I've been little to disorganized lately and we're behind...so they have at least half a day. I may spare them this afternoon.

Aaaand, Toronto at New York is rain-delayed. I said some not-fit-for-print things to my TV because instead of turning in 30 min late for Wang's start, I saw Kansas City at Detroit. I did retract those things when I finally noticed the bottom-of-the-screen scroll telling me that the game was delayed, so they were showing this "bonus coverage."

That mollified me a bit, but still...I don't care if Detroit's a favorite to win it all this year (and they do look good); on Opening Day, I want to see the Bronx Bombers. Rain had better clear soon...

Some interesting facts, via the best Yankee blog on the 'Net:

The Yankees are 61-43-1 on Opening Day, 28-10 at the Stadium. They are 16-11 in presidential election years. When the Yankees win at home on Opening Day, the GOP is 4-1 in the election. When the Yankees lose, the Democrats are 3-0.

0 comments: